Monday, September 8, 2014

The Accidental Masterpiece: On the Art of Life and Vice Versa

After reading the intro to The Accidental Masterpiece: On the Life of Art and Vice Versa by Michael Kimmelman I'm very interested in reading the rest of this book. I usually find myself bored after reading introductions; however, boredom is far from what I and many others have been feeling.
As discussed in class, a good writer does less work so the reader has to do more. This introduction was so deep and easy to connect to, yet it was just a few short pages. Michael Kimmelman was able to put so much into so few words. There were so many parts where I had to go back and re-read because I just couldn't get enough. I was honestly left in aw by how much he could put into words. There is so much that an artist feels, but many such as I just can't put into words. Because of that, when a writer is able to express so much in so little I instantly fall in love with their little black words printed on the freshly recycled paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment